The Avery Cabin
"The Avery cabin's origin dates back to a single room structure built by a stocker in 1928. A man by the name of Kirk later bought the stocker's shack from him. Mr. Kirk was a carpenter by trade and used his craft to build the Avery cabin up to expand the Avery cabin to its present size...."
The Becker Cabin
"The Becker Cabin, built in 1929, is a well-preserved example of the summer cabins that sprang up in West Mineral King between 1924 and 1930. Constructed out of local and recycled materials, the cabin has sheltered four generations of Beckers."
The Barboni Cabin
"The Barboni Cabin is one of the oldest remaining cabins in Mineral King. It has survived essentially unchanged since its construction in 1905 by Jim and Nettie Howard. The cabin possesses an interesting history and is located near archeological remains dating from the Empire Mine era."
The Dixon Cabin
"The Dixon cabin was one of the many private cabins that sprang up in the 1920s. It was built in 1926 by Lou Coole and his wife as a summer vacation home. Purchased in 1950 by Van and Mary Dixon, the cabin has been carefully restored and maintained by the Dixon heirs."
The Fleek Cabin
"The Fleek Cabin is one of the oldest, least-modified cabins in Mineral King. Historians believe that the cabin was built circa 1890 as a miner's cabin. In 1906 the cabin was purchased by Frank Mixter, a prominent California politician. Prior to Mineral King becoming a part of Sequoia National Park, the deed was transferred to Janet Fleek, Frank Mixter's granddaughter"
The Foreman Cabin
"Felix Foreman immigrated from England in 1885 and first settled in El Dorado County. After a few years he met and married Canadian born Jane Dunlop in El Dorado County; three sons followed - Felix, David and Edgar O.. After many years of camping in Giant Forest and Mineral King, Felix and Jane Dunlop Foreman built their cabin in 1910..."
The Hammer-Cochrun Cabin
"The Hammer-Cochrun cabin has been the summer home of the same family since Charles and Alice Hammer built it in 1928. Through four generations, the cabin has evolved in typical Mineral King fashion, expanding to accommodate a growing family."
The Meyer Cabin
"The Meyer cabin was built in 1925 by Johnny and Louie Wren on lot #24, West Mineral King. The initial cabin was built from raw lumber from the Atwell Mill. Much of the board and batten lumber on the cabin exterior today is the original lumber used for its construction in 1925."
The Montgomery Cabin
Nora Pogue and R.B. Montgomery built their summer home in 1912 on the site of the tent in which they had honeymooned eight years earlier. In the interim, they had occupied a tiny one-room miner's shack on the same lot, but their growing family called for a more spacious quarters..."
The Redford Cabin
"Several Mineral King cabins rest on sites that once were prehistoric camping and work areas. The Redford cabin in East Mineral King was occupied by prehistoric peoples who evidently used the site for making obsidian arrows. In the 1870s, it became the site of a miner’s cabin.
The Runciman Cabin
"The Runciman cabin was built shortly after the San Francisco earthquake in 1906 by the Mt. Whitney Power Company. The cabin served as a summer residence for Archie J. Robertson who had supervised the construction of several dams in Mineral King. The site is significant both in its associations with the construction of hydroelectric resources and in the retention of its historic appearance."
The Wollenman Cabin
"The Wollenman cabin was built at "The Gate" between 1923 and 1928 (the dates vary) by Lester Jordan and his son. It is believed to be the site of the first cabin in Mineral King Valley, built by Enos Barton in 1873 during the establishment of the mining camp at that time."